Dr. Hung has two PhDs, one in philosophy, another in nano-physics. She is now a postdoctoral fellow at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, working with Prof. Yao Zhihua, and a visiting assistant professor at New York University, Abu Dhabi.
Dr. Hung investigates the nature of the self from both the Western and Eastern perspectives with an analytic methodology. She aims to answer questions such as: What are we? How do we persist? She is generally interested in the philosophy of mind and metaphysics.
- The Self
- Personal Identity
- Metaphysics of Consciousness
- Is Dharma-nature Identical to Ignorance? A study of “ji 即 ” in early Tiantai Buddhism. Asian Philosophy. (2020). Issue 30 (4). (http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09552367.2020.1846873)
- A Gricean Interpretation of Nāgārjuna’s Catuskoti and the No-thesis View. History and Philosophy of Logic. (2020) 1-19. (https://doi.org/10.1080/01445340.2020.1786266)
- Is Zhuangzi a Wanton? Observation and Transformation of Desires in the Zhuangzi. Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy (2020) 19 (2): 1-17. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s11712-020-09723-2)
- The Theory of the Self in the Zhuangzi: A Strawsonian Interpretation. Philosophy East and West (2019) 69:2, pp. 376-394. (https://muse.jhu.edu/article/731256)
- The Early Yogācāra Theory of No-self. Asian Philosophy 28.4: 316 – 331 (2018). (https://doi.org/10.1080/09552367.2018.1543055)
- The Three-fold Interpretation of Chih-I’s ‘Ignorance Equals Nature of Dharma’ (in Chinese). In “Dialogues in Chinese, Japanese and Korean T’ien-T’ai Buddhism.” (ed.). Tian Xiang Ma. Beijing, Renmin Publisher (2011).
- Optical activities of large-area SU8 micro-spirals fabricated by multi-beam holographic lithography. X. Wang, W. Gao, J. Hung, and W. Y. Tam, Appl. Opt. 53, 2425-2430 (2014). (https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.53.002425)
- Optical activities of micro-spiral photonic crystals fabricated by multi-beam holographic lithography. J. Hung, W. Gao, and W. Y. Tam, J. Opt. 13, 095101 (2011). (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2040-8978/13/9/095102/meta)
- Doubly slanted layer structures in holographic gelatin emulsions: solar concentrators. J. Hung, P. S. Chan, C. Sun, C. W. Ho and W. Y. Tam, J. Opt. 12 045104 (2010). (https://doi.org/10.1088/2040-8978/12/4/045104)
- Complete photonic bandgaps in the visible range from spherical layer structures in dichromate gelatin emulsions. J. Hung, M. Kok, W. Y. Tam, App. Phys. Lett. 94, 014102 (2009). (https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/1.3064165)