|BA, MPhil, PhD (CUHK)|
Dr. LAU Po Hei obtained his undergraduate, MPhil and Doctoral degrees in Philosophy from the Department of Philosophy at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). He subsequently taught at the Office of University General Education of CUHK (as a lecturer) and the Department of Philosophy of Soochow University in Taiwan (as an assistant professor). In 2023, Dr. LAU was appointed to the CUHK Philosophy Department, teaching courses mainly on Chinese Cultural Heritage.
His research interests are Confucianism, modern Chinese philosophy, and comparative philosophy. He co-edited a volume on the teaching of general education: World in Words: Humanities Classics and General Education (2021). For his remarkable teaching performance, Dr. LAU earned the SCGE Exemplary Teaching Award in General Education in 2022.
He was the host of the RTHK TV programme Philosophy Night, which was the first talk show featuring philosophical discussion in Hong Kong.
- Modern Chinese Philosophy
- Comparative Philosophy
Articles / Book Chapters
- 2021. “The World of Sentiment in the Analects”. Classics of Humanity and General Education. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press, pp. 99-124. [in Chinese]
- 2016. “The Thoughtful Mood of a Classics Scholar: Liu Xiaofeng on Confucian Ideas of Revolution and Republic.” Reflexion 30: 35-55. [in Chinese]
- 2015. “A Hidden Dialogue: How Heidegger Determines Mou Zongsan’s Philosophical Project?” Journal of Chinese Philosophy and Culture 12: 153-176. [in Chinese]
- 2013. “Intellectual Intuition and Imagination: Mou Zongsan and Heidegger on Finitude.” National Taiwan University Philosophical Review 45: 143-186. [in Chinese]
- 2013. “Chad Hansen and Mou Zongsan on Intuition and Mysticism.” NCCU Philosophical Journal 29: 33-78. [in Chinese]